EMBRACE YOUR POWER

Do you know what I'm reallllllllllly good at? Overthinking. So much so, it leads to anxiety and obsessive thoughts. Over the years, overthinking has really taken it's toll on me, it's become controlling and time consuming, it's made me worry unnecessarily and caused me countless sleepless nights. When it starts to take over your life, you come to a point where you have to try and take back some control for the sake of your sanity. 

So how is overthinking my power? It's made me more focused, if I focus, I don't lose my train of thought to mindless questions. It's made me more open minded, granted I can be opinionated, however I'm more conscienctious of the way others may think. It's made me more aware. Aware that when my thoughts are drifting, I need to concentrate on the present. And it's made me more selfless, it's made me think how other people would feel in certain situations. 

Instead of accepting traits of jealousy or anger or even bitchiness (hellooo Regina George) I've used my overthinking mind to stop myself and question why I'm feeling that way and what I can do to change it. I'm not saying that I don't sometimes get carried away in the moment, because I am after all, only human. But, I am more aware that feelings of negativity or any of the above, don't make me feel any better and certainly don't make me a better person. 

So, on this FREEZING cold Saturday, have a think about what your power is, because it might just be the trait you wish you didn't have. 


No comments: