HAPPINESS

Over the past couple of years, and especially the last couple of months, it's hit home how much you truly and solely are in charge of your own happiness. Granted, others can influence that happiness, however the tendency to become emotionally dependent on others, is something I probably did without even being aware of it.
I began doing things for other people because I know it made THEM happy, never mind how it made me feel. I wanted so hard to please people, I kind of lost sense of what I actually enjoyed doing, of what things made ME happy and what makes me, me. 

To be truly happy with yourself seems like a long (and daunting) process but it's not a journey that you have to take alone. The relationships you associate with should be with those who encourage you to "do you" and motivate you to become the "best version of you". They might encourage you to be braver in your decision making, they might just support you when it all goes tits up but if someone really cares for you, they will always let your happiness be a priority to you.

So, how to find your happiness? Strip everything back & start with your values. What's important to you? What qualities are you proud of? It sounds morbid, but think what you would want people to say about you at your funeral. If you live these qualities, your happiness will follow. 

Remember you are you and that is your p-o-w-e-r. 
Surround yourself with people that see the light in you and only want it to shine x 




No comments: